Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Our night out on the town... or BYU campus

A few weeks ago we had the opportunity to help run the Y-Ball on BYU's campus which is basically a free night out for married students. We had been planning it for a few months with our friends the Lisa and Marshall Hill and three other couples and it was so fun! It was in the Hinckley building, which is beautiful, and we had Magelby's catering and the food was so good. I didn't get to eat with Brody... he was a little busy making sure everything was running smoothly. But since Marshall was right along-side Brody making sure things went well, Lisa and I had dinner together which was great because I don't get to see her enough! Then we headed downstairs for the dance, dessert (Magelby's famous chocolate cake), and free limo rides. After a little convincing, I got Brody out on the dance floor and we danced the night away. It was a little awkward on occasion for me with my newly forming belly, but I wouldn't trade that night for anything! Brody and I just blocked out everyone and everything around us and had the time of our lives being silly. We haven't really had many opportunities to get dressed up for dates, or to go dancing together, so it was the perfect night out for us! The feeling in the room was so different from any dance that I've been to before becauseeveryone was married. At other dances people are usually all standing around hoping to get asked to dance, or deciding if they really want to be there. But at the Y-Ball everyone had a spouse (or fiancé) and they didn't feel like they had to impress anyone. Everyone just enjoyed themselves! It was so great! The night came to an end all too quickly. After we danced and had dessert and everyone was on their way out, we got our Y-Ball planning group together and all went on a limo ride together. It was great! It was just aten minute ride, but it was with some of the greatest people and was a great end to a fantastic night! And we each took turns sticking out heads out the top of the limo... Haha! The best part about the whole night was that all of it was free! How often do married couples get the opportunity to have a night out with dinner, dessert, dancing, and limo rides for free! Only at BYU... Thanks Hill's for getting us involved... it was such a great night!

Love you Marshall and Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment