Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cabin Fun

A few weeks ago we were able to go with our friends Trevor and Burgundy Heiner up to their family's cabin in Heber and it was so fun! We also went with Nate and Miriam Richards and their cute little boy Hank. It was so nice to just get away and be in the beautiful, snow filled mountains and not worry too much about life. It kind of made me feel a little more grown up too. I'm not sure why, but I think it was because we talked so much about the future and how the Heiner family came to own and operate the cabin. We also talked a lot about all of our futures realizing that all of us would be heading in different directions in the next year.
While we were up there we played lots of games including "Bang" and "Hand and Foot". We also were able to use the snowmobiles, sleds, and a four-wheeler to play around outside for a while. We had a blast sledding down a quarter-mile hill and letting Trevor drag us back up by holding onto a string behind the four-wheeler.
We were like little kids trying to get one, two and three sleds up the hill at a time while trying new tricks. At one point, Trevor and Burgundy were on the four-wheeler dragging me, Brody and Nate on our individual sleds. It was quite the task getting everyone up without losing anyone.

The weekend came to a close all too quickly and we were all sad to say our good-bye's. Weekends like that just don't come around too often, and I need to more fully appreciate each moment that I get like that in my life. Growing up with parents who were constantly taking small weekend trips, and short vacations, I think I took that time for granted. I am realizing more and more now that those experiences are what make us who we are. They are also often the things that will bring us the most simple joys in life. I hope to be a little more appreciative of all the things my parents helped me to experience when I was little, and try to be a little more that way myself.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Sounds like it was a good time! I'm glad you got a good break! Stuff like that really is important, it spices up life.

    ReplyDelete