Yay! I'm now at 5 and a half months and I'm starting to get really excited about our baby coming. She is now moving around a lot more than before and Brody was able to feel her a few weeks ago! I'm so glad that he can feel her moving because now we can share in the excitement together. It makes for a perfect ending to the day when I lay in bed with Brody's hand on my tummy and we talk about our baby and exchange shocked looks when she kicks hard.I almost hate to state the negative, just because the excitement of a baby far outweighs the discomfort of pregnancy. But I have to say, I have been feeling like I'm constantly tending to one problem after another. Just in the past few weeks I've had daily heartburn. But I feel like that is the least of my worries. The great thing about heart burn is that I just take some Tums and its gone. And I don't feel guilty about taking Tums because its just sugar and Calcium! Wouldn't that be great if all medicine doubled as a healthy supplement.
I've also been getting really bad sciatic nerve pain that hasn't been so easy to deal with. Most days its just a small irritation, but the other night it was SO bad! We came back from Brody's church basketball game and had planned on going to the gym and within ten minutes of getting home I was on the floor laughing non-stop to keep from crying because the nerve pain was so bad. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who picked me up and carried me to the couch and later to bed so I didn't have to walk around. Lets just hope that doesn't happen at work... can you imagine?! That would be so embarrassing!
Then last night I noticed that my lower legs and ankles were starting to swell up quite a bit. It would be what nurses describe as 3+ pitting edema. Haha! I can't help thinking like that... I'm a nurse! So Brody, again as the wonderful husband he is, helped me put on support stockings (or as I've always called them... Ted Hose) to keep the swelling down. So I feel like quite the old woman right now! But I've got so much support and love from Brody, and I can hardly think twice about my discomforts when I think about our little girl! It seems silly, but I think one of the things I'm most excited for is to watch Brody be a father. He is going to be such a great daddy!
You look so good!! What a beautiful MOM!! I am happy to hear that all is normal with the heartburn, the sciatic nerve and the swelling!!
ReplyDeleteIt wouldn't be the same if you didn't experience it all :)
Cute baby bump! And soooo exciting that Brody can finally feel her kicking too! I remember Landon would kick but every time Scott would come over to feel he would stop. Lil stinker! I'm glad you are doing the garden too so we figure it out together!!
ReplyDeleteJenessa!!! I'm so glad we're blogger friends now :) And what awesome news!!!!! Oh I'm SO happy for you! When I read what you wrote about ending the day with you & your husband feeling the baby kick in your belly, I got the biggest smile on my face :) Soak up every minute of her in you (I dearly miss my little one moving around inside me)...even though I know it's a definite physical sacrifice...hope your sciatic nerve pain goes away so you can get some relief soon!
ReplyDeletexo,
Haley