Alydia is now a month old! Wow! I can't believe how quickly that month has gone. Its so fun to see her grow up, and yet I would love to keep her little forever! Here's a few fun moments with her.
Alydia's first bath after her cord came off
continued...
This is what she does while I'm getting ready.
This is what she does while I'm getting ready.
After my family left, we were even more spoiled to have Holly (Brody's mom) come and stay with us for a week. While she was here we were able to do a few fun things. One day we went into NYC and walked around Rockefeller Plaza and the American Girl Store (don't worry, we didn't make Brody go in there... he was parking the car). Then we went over to the NBC building where Brody's grandpa Spencer worked when Holly was little. We hoped to take the tour there, but sadly it was sold out for the day. After going to lunch, and feeding Alydia, we went to Madame Tussaud's wax museum. It was pretty neat to see how real the was figures looked, but man was it crowded! So maneuvering a stroller in there was a little tricky. But it was definitely worth it. After, we drove over the Brooklyn bridge (which isn't nearly as cool as walking over it) we drove through a little bit of Little Italy and Chinatown. Then, after feeding Alydia again, we headed home. It was raining the whole day, but I was actually really glad. A little rain is much better to tolerate than the blazing heat and humidity in NY.
Later that week, Holly and I were able to go see a little bit of our small town of Bellport along with its small shore. It was so fun! I loved Bellport's small piece of ocean because it was so quaint and peaceful. It was like the scene out of a movie. There were three old men sitting around chatting, and they looked like they must be there every day. Then out on the water were about a dozen or more kids with tiny sailboats. After asking around we found out that they all come there to have sailing classes. It was so cute to watch! I definitely need to escape there every once and a while before I leave. Then later that day, Brody was able to come with us to dinner and then we took a ferry out to Fire Island.
We missed the right ferry so we ended up about a mile and a half from where we wanted to go, which was Ocean Beach. So... we walked! I figured it wouldn't be bad, but since there are no roads leading there, we walked the majority of the way on the beach. It was long, but very worth it! The beach was amazing! It was a gorgeous beach, and we had it all to ourselves (probably because it was dark out). When we made it to the town of Ocean Beach it was just in time for Alydia to eat. We only had a little while before our ferry left so we walked around. While I fed Alydia, Brody and Holly went and got us some ice cream! It was such a fun little town and island where no one drives cars. Everyone either walks or rides bikes. Holly was also here during the fourth of July which was somewhat uneventful. We only really saw fireworks that night... so I missed being home with all of our family for the 4th.
We missed the right ferry so we ended up about a mile and a half from where we wanted to go, which was Ocean Beach. So... we walked! I figured it wouldn't be bad, but since there are no roads leading there, we walked the majority of the way on the beach. It was long, but very worth it! The beach was amazing! It was a gorgeous beach, and we had it all to ourselves (probably because it was dark out). When we made it to the town of Ocean Beach it was just in time for Alydia to eat. We only had a little while before our ferry left so we walked around. While I fed Alydia, Brody and Holly went and got us some ice cream! It was such a fun little town and island where no one drives cars. Everyone either walks or rides bikes. Holly was also here during the fourth of July which was somewhat uneventful. We only really saw fireworks that night... so I missed being home with all of our family for the 4th.
I just had to record this. Brody was making me laugh so hard. Don't worry, Alydia wasn't in her stroller. She was being carried.
Ok I started this post a few weeks ago, but I'm just now posting it. So she's actually a month and a half old now.
ReplyDelete