Friday, June 17, 2011

Alydia Shey Horton

Hooray!  Alydia is finally here!  Looking back I can hardly remember what it was like to just be waiting around for her because we have been so consumed in loving her and spending time with her.  
Before we went to the hospital and right after she was born

I went in Sunday to have the doctor start the medicine to ripen my cervix, and after a long and uncomfortable day and night with no sleep, I finally went into labor around 5am Monday morning.  After transferring from the Antepartum floor to Labor and Delivery I was able to get some pain meds and sleep for a few hours until I was dilated far enough to get the epidural.  After getting the epidural I was much more comfortable and was able to get even better sleep for a few more hours.  When I woke up they told me I had only progressed from 4cm to 5cm the last few hours so they wanted to start the Pitocin (which they had delayed from the scheduled 6am because I had gone into labor).  So they started it, and a few groggy hours later the doctor came in again to check me to find out that I was 10cm and ready to go!  So the nurse had me start pushing while the doctor left to finish a few other things around the hospital.  After two sets of pushing she stopped me and said that I was going to have the baby before the doctor came if he didn't come quick.  So we waited for five minutes until he came and about five minutes later she was here!  Luckily, despite the meconium in the amniotic fluid, after a little suctioning of her nose and throat, she was breathing fine and back in our arms.  It was such an incredible experience!  What a miracle to be a part of the birth of baby!  
7lbs, 12oz at delivery, but in the nursery she was 7lbs, 11oz (maybe the shorter cord made her lighter?)

She has her daddy's long toes!  And you can see her tracking device that's attached to her cord.
And she looks so much like her dad when he was a baby... Look at that proud daddy!

 Getting ready to go home from the hospital
 On the ride home
 She loves sitting in her bobby and listening to her grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles talk to her!  She just sits and stares at the computer screen and listens.  Its so cute!
This is her favorite face!  It means, "Mommy I'm hungry" or "that was really yummy!" because she always does this right before and after she eats.  :)  I love it!  We just love our little Alydia Shey so much!  She has made us more happy than we ever could have imagined!  We wish we were in Utah to share her with all of our friends and family.

5 comments:

  1. CUTE, precious baby Alydia Shey!! Oh! She is SO sweet and beautiful. Love the sleeping ones. SO cute. I'm so so so happy for you guys!! I'm so happy you are so happy! I can't wait to hold her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! She is beautiful!! We had Peyton's 6 month pictures taken in that same navy blue dress. Girls are so much fun and time flies!! Peyton is already 7 1/2 months old!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a beautiful baby! And you look amazing too Jenessa! So glad everything went well; you guys are the cutest little family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Janessa! She is beautiful! It's so good to see you are doing so well and so happy. Life gets away and we never talk to people we used to see everyday! Yay for blogs and faebook. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so precious! I'm glad things went well!! Congratulations:-)

    ReplyDelete