A friend posted on her blog, "my children made me a believer in love at first sight". When you are able to experience the birth of your child you can't imagine feeling any other way. Liza Mae came to our family January 25th at 11:37am weighing 7 lbs and was 20 inches long. After being in labor through the night and dropping off Lydi early that morning at my parents we headed to McKay Dee to wait for our little girl. I'm not really one to dwell on the details of how she got there. But the labor went very smooth and just an hour after the doctor broke my water she was ready to come. One quick push and I had my beautiful daughter laying on my chest. She was so perfect and beautiful that tears came easily to my eyes. I truly loved her the moment she came.
After one day in the hospital Brody and I were more than ready to go home to our sweet Alydia who had been anxiously awaiting her little sister with some confusion about what was going on exactly. So the next day we packed up and came home to a very anxious toddler who wanted mom all the time with little sister Liza on her lap. Although she has mellowed since, she still loves her baby Liza and has a hard time when mom has to feed her. But I am so grateful that she loves her sister so much. I think that they will be great friends when they get a little older. I feel so blessed to have two beautiful, healthy girls! How did I get so lucky?
Jenessa- your girls are so dang cute! Congrats! So happy for you guys.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a sweet mama and wonderful, wonderful woman. You know who you are and you live that...I love you, wish we lived closer. And love these adorable girls, so happy for you & Brody!
ReplyDelete